Go Back   the Dragongate > the World of Fallpyre - Lost Souls Tavern > IC > the Ruins > Academia > Mímisbrunnr Hall
FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 04:52 PM

Default Researching the Green Hells

Eden Messenger had left the Lost Souls Tavern and went straight to the Library, better known as Mimisbrunnr Hall to those in the Ruins. Her head was just about whirring with all the information she'd received about several different things. She'd have to work on making lists. Things were speedily moving along and she was beginning to get worried that she'd get drawn from her course to another just because there were so many interesting things going on in this new realm she'd found herself in. It would likely be a good thing to make herself some kind of outline when she returned to her rooms at the LST so she could keep track of all she was learning. All this she thought about on her walk back to Mimisbrunnr Hall.

Sir Aethan had requested she find out as much as she could about the Green Hells. First she was wondering if it was actually a realm of Hell in this world. But by the end of talking at the tavern she'd figured out it was one kingdom or realm in this place.

Eden paused to see if Nick was about. She knew that he was full of information and he just might know exactly where she should look for the resources she was looking for. Plus he was always interesting to listen to. Yes, she did appreciate her boss! If he wasn't around, she'd go straight to the books and begin her research. She'd be looking for maps, books on history, myths & legends, deities, rulers and just anything she could find with the Green Hells mentioned for whatever reason. If there was anything about wars with the Green Hells, she would also pull the books and scrolls on the opponents fought so she could get the information from both sides.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:00 PM
She Who Must Be Appeased.

Nick was just back from another of his little side trips, and shelving some more books he'd picked up from who knows where. He was a little sunburned and had snow in his hair, but had removed his overstuffed coat and cloak and fuzzy boots.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:59 PM

"Ah, Nick. You look as if you've been on quite an adventure. Do you need help with those books?"
Old 02-07-2013, 10:45 AM

"Oh, sure, I've already passed them through a ward or two to clean them up - i don't do much magic other than bibliomancy. I may have a mage come over later and help with that a bit unless you want to do it the hard way. I've just so many books its cheaper to get them done up with magic - time is money, as they say." Nick grins. "I dont' know who 'they' are, mind you, but they do say it."

Old 04-08-2013, 01:57 PM

(Apologies for the long wait! Chemo brain is sucky!)

Eden was not generally much of a smiler, but Nick always managed to get a small quirk of a smile from her. "The illustrious They...ah yes. If They say so then it must be, yes?" Eden took a look over the books Nick was working on. "I am afraid I am not gifted in any sort of Library Magic. But I do not mind doing things the old fashioned way either. Save your money, Nick, I will take care of it." She was trying not to start reading through the books, after all, she did have something she needed to do as well and the books would be there later for her to look at. "Nick, I wonder if you could tell me anything about the Green Hells? I need to find out as much about it as possible. I was going to do some research here in the library, but if you have ever been there a first person account is always excellent for research." She was sure that Nick would know something about it even if he hadn't been there before. She absently began to sort the books in front of her while talking to Nick.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:04 PM

"Welll...what did you want to know? And i can do some of it - i already had a wizard make sure none of them were trapped or anything, and one of the grimoires is being studied at Gravecall." Nick shrugged. "Traces of necromancy and charms on it. Anyway - what all did you want to know? there are a lot of soldiers in the Litigation and Trickster's guild's service now that were on campaigns there staying at the tavern now."

Old 04-08-2013, 03:20 PM

"Well, Sir Aethan asked that I find out as much about the Green Hells as possible. Myths, legends, history, maps....gossip was not a request but I suppose it would be prudent to find out what sort of gossip is going on about it as well."