Go Back   the Dragongate > the World of Fallpyre - Lost Souls Tavern > IC > the Ruins > the Ruins Market
FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2013, 06:14 PM
She Who Must Be Appeased.

Wilson is dusting ice out of his hair and frost off his shoulders. He seems to have taken the brunt of the cold and may be a touch frostbitten. "Should we do something about the spirit that seems to have been left over from the scry?"

"Seems to be a non-combatant." Pauvert said distractedly.

Carad and the salamanders are all squinting at the wolf-ghost-thing. "Mix of elements - Air primarily but its got all four traditional and is self willed."

"I'll serve beer, shall i?" Giacomo says cheerily.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:01 PM
Unaquainted with Sanity

Giacamo's comment gets a flicker of a smile from Tracy, but then she's looking at the wolf, as curious about it as Carad and the salamanders. Cautious as well, for all Pauvert's reassurance the wolf is a non-combatant. "I heard a snarl that distracted the eyes - I guess those were the Ice. Was that you? Did you attack the Ice?"
Old 04-17-2013, 11:51 AM

The wolf looks at her slowly, eyes like frost rimed gold coins.

"The Ice serves its purpose, but it has been ... diverted. It still tries to do what it must but it no longer has the same limits within which it was originated. It is self aware and it has become evil, for it is sentient and aware of what it is doing and chooses not to stop, like a dog who kills the same sheep it guards in the master's sight, or a fire elemental that delights in the screams of the living things it burns. I have ignored it - it is not my business to interfere. I choose not to ignore it any longer."

It inclines its head and waits.

Old 04-19-2013, 05:49 PM
Unaquainted with Sanity

Tracy makes a short bow to the wolf - and with head lowered, she takes a glance at the map, to see if it's still there and marked in any way. It gets only a glance though - the wolf is a far more immediate concern.

"Thank you for interceding when you did, and I hope that when you chose to leave our circle, that it will be in friendship. But if you are willing and able to tell, I would like to know more about the Ice, how and why it has overstepped its bounds, and what those were. I'd also like to know how you believe it could be best brought back to its intended purpose, and what advice you might give for how, or if, we should proceed against it."

She's fairly certain this being is either powerful in its own right or an agent of powers, and has no wish to offend it or keep it against its will. But if it is willing tell them anything that could be of use...

Last edited by Aylrin : 04-25-2013 at 06:46 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:24 PM

there are frostmarks crazed all over the map but specifically where you know there are glaciers - and a few you did not.

" There can be no mark, permanent, on your paper. I am here to prevent yet another curse from further tangling the thread. I am the result of your divination, willworkers. For what you seek ... moves."

Old 04-27-2013, 02:41 PM
Unaquainted with Sanity

Tracy is fairly sure she is officially in over her head at this point, and spares a quick glance at Pauvert to see if his ward-repairs - darning? - are done. She's never summoned a spirit before, and to summon on accident while attempting a scry and almost setting off a curse? Okay, yeah, she knew the curse possibility to start, and she's definitely glad the wolf showed up instead, but the whys and hows are going to take a lot longer to understand.

So best to deal with the here and now first. She looks at the map again, doing her best to memorize the frost-marks there, since the wolf has said they aren't permanent.

"It moves... of course." She'd hoped, if it did move, that it'd move slowly, tied to some specific place or item in the glacier. But if the markings are any indication, it can apparently move anywhere within the glacier, or to any other glacier. Or maybe it's in all of them concurrently, and just shifts its focus? Either way, a much bigger problem. "Will you lead us, then? Or whoever of our colleagues will be proceeding?"
Old 04-27-2013, 02:53 PM

The wolf looked at her consideringly. "I am the Wolf of the Steppes, and will never again submit to a chain. But if you call, i may answer. When the moon is full and visible, I will take you where you ask. Any you bring with you risk falling behind if they cannot keep up, so choose your companions and perhaps their mounts wisely. And ask me what you will - if i may answer, i will."